Tired of not making it into those big markets?
Angela and Renee of D’Alton Baker Productions (DBP) have had more than their fair share of experience at design markets. They’ve hosted their own stalls at a variety of events, both actually worked at Finders Keepers Markets and have a strong understanding of what it takes to get that stall application over the line.
Put your best foot forward for this upcoming season of design market applications!
This interactive seminar will cover how to craft your application to give you the optimum chance of being accepted.
It’ll be followed by a casual catch up where you can meet other Sydney Made – Makers and have Sydney Made team leaders provide feedback on your market applications!
DBP will cover topics like:
- Answering the application questions clearly
- Effectively writing about yourself and what you do
- Choosing language that accurately reflects your brand
- Ensuring cohesion between your application text and your chosen images
- Choosing the best range of images to boost your application
- Stall mock-ups and communicating your designs
- Revision of your online presence for consistency and structure across platforms
- Handling acceptance into the markets and appropriately dealing with rejection
- Light snacks and drinks will be provided.
- Note: Advice provided by Sydney Made and DBP is general only and does not guarantee acceptance into markets (including events organised by Sydney Made).
As a special offer to Sydney Made members, DBP are providing design market feedback sessions for just $85. During this 45 minute mentoring session, DBP will go through your market application with you and provide you with specific advice for you to optimise your own personal chances of success, scheduled via Google Meet at a time to suit you. Attendees will also receive a discounted mentoring offer for first-time clients to DBP.
WHEN – Tuesday 7th May
TIME – 6pm – 9pm
WHERE – General Assembly, The Podium Building, 1 Market St, Sydney, NSW 2000
Limited tickets available
This event organised by Sydney based volunteers who sell on Etsy, & we thank you for your support. If you would like to be notified for future events you can join the Sydney Made Makers Facebook group or sign up to our Newsletter.